Abt 1873 - Yes, date unknown
||Amelia Kasten |
||Mecklenburg-Schwerin (Germany) [1, 2, 3, 4]
- The Hamburg Passenger Lists, New York Passenger Lists, and Castle Garden records show her as "Caroline" born in 1875.
||25 Jun 1884
||Gottesgabe, Mecklenburg-Schwerin (Germany) 
- Boarded the SS Gellert, operated by the Hamburg America Line, in Hamburg on 25 June 1884. After passing through La Havre, France, they landed at Castle Garden in New York New York on 7 July 1884. Their "dampfschiff", steamship, was captained by Mr. Kopff and the family traveled "zwischendeck", or steerage. The family listed Gottesgabe, Mecklenburg as their residence. Their information shows up in 3 sources (Hamburg Passenger Lists [emigration], New York Passenger Lists [immigration], Castle Garden [immigration]). Interestingly, the US records show them as "Karsten." Some names and dates are different than what I have now. They show Carl born about 1846, Wilhelmine (1851), and children Caroline (1875), Ernst (1876), Carl (1880), Herrmann (1882), and Ida (1883). In particular, I assume that Caroline and Amelia are the same person, as are Ida and Edith. It's also curious that Hermann appears older on his death certificate than he does on these manifests.
||7 Jul 1884
||Castle Garden, New York, New York [5, 6]
||Yes, date unknown
||20 Nov 2011 |
||Karl Kasten, b. 20 Apr 1846, Germany , d. 30 Jun 1931, Freeport, Stephenson County, Illinois |
||Wilhemine Carolina Henrika Norden, b. 10 Dec 1848, Blankenhagen, Mecklenburg-Schwerin (Germany) , d. 4 Jan 1917, Freeport, Stephenson County, Illinois |
||Fred Martin Kneller, b. 2 Nov 1870, Freeport, Stephenson County, Illinois , d. 16 Nov 1942, Silver Creek Township, Stephenson County, Illinois |
||19 Oct 1893
||Stephenson County, Illinois [1, 4, 7]
| ||1. Eltha Kneller, b. Abt 1894, Illinois , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Vera Kneller, b. Abt 1896, Illinois , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. George Kneller, b. Abt 1898, Illinois , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||4. Carl Kneller, b. Abt 1900, Illinois , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||5. Ruth Kneller, b. Abt 1905, Illinois , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||6. Frank E. Kneller, b. Abt 1905, Illinois , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||7. Joseph Kneller, b. Abt 1907, Illinois |
| ||8. Henry Kneller, b. Abt 1909, Illinois , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||9. Living|
||Kasten, Carl Family|
Circa 1890; back row left to right: Carl Jr, Ernst, Amelia, and Hermann; front row left to right: Carl, Edith, and Minnie.
- [S263] 1930 US Census, Fred M. Kneller; Silver Creek, Stephenson, Illinois; Roll: 560; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 38; Image: 996.0 (accessed 24 Oct 2010)..
- [S339] Germany: Hamburg Passenger Lists, 1850-1934 (Ancestry), Staatsarchive Hamburg, 373-7 I, VIII A 1 Band 052 B, Seite 1265 (Mikrofilm Nr. K_1732 (accessed 23 Oct 2010).
- [S308] 1920 US Census, Fred M. Kneller; Silver Creek, Stephenson, Illinois; Roll: T625_397; Page: 7B; Enumeration District: 142; Image: 1052 (accessed 24 Oct 2010).
- [S307] 1910 US Census, Fred Kneller; Freeport Ward 3, Stephenson, Illinois; Roll: T624_327; Page: 4A; Enumeration District: 105; Image: 952 (accessed 24 Oct 2010).
- [S332] New York Passtenger Lists, 1820-1957 (Ancestry), Year: 1884; Arrival: New York; Microfilm Serial: M237; Microfilm Roll: M237_478; Line: 45; List Number: 828; Search = "Carl Karsten" (accessed 23 Oct 2010).
- [S278] Castle Garden Immigration Records, search = "Carl Karsten" (accessed 23 Oct 2010).
- [S264] Illinois: Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900, Fred Kneller and Amelia Kaasten (note double A); Stephenson County; License 734 (accessed 24 Oct 2010).