1837 - 1918
||James Robert Curry |
||18 Oct 1837
||Monroe County, Missouri [2, 3, 4]
||13 Jun 1918
||Holliday, Monroe County, Missouri 
||Curry, James Robert (1837-1918) Death Certificate
||14 Jun 1918
||Oak Grove Cemetery, Woodlawn, Monroe County, Missouri 
- I am fairly confident that this James Robert Curry died in 1918. The death certificate for the 1918 James Robert Curry indicates his father was Jack Curry and his mother was Matilda Wills, but the certificate shows both parents were born in Ohio. The information was provided by Amanda Holder. In the 1900 US Census, James R. Curry is listed as a "boarder" and in 1910 as "brother-in-law" in the household of John W. and Amanda/Mandy Holder. John and Mandy are only about 10 years younger than James. I cannot find any records that link Amanda as a sister to James (James' mother would have been in her early 50s) nor can I find any records that link John W. to James' sister Betsy (Frances was never married). So, I assume that Amanda was mistaken about James' parents' places of birth, and makes me wonder about the accuracy of Wills being James' mother's maiden name. But, it's a place to start more searching.
||20 Mar 2011 |
||John H. Curry, b. 22 Jul 1789, Kentucky? , d. 11 Jan 1869, Woodlawn, Monroe County, Missouri |
||Matilda Wills, b. 4 Oct 1796, Kentucky , d. 31 Mar 1875 |
||Pauline C. Sanders, b. Abt 1847, d. 26 Apr 1893, Monroe County, Missouri |
||8 Mar 1865
||Monroe County, Missouri [5, 6]
- It appears James Robert's sister, Elizabeth, married Pauline Sanders' brother, Benjamin. Both Benjamin and Pauline (Purilena) appear on the 1850 US Census for District 59, Monroe County, Missouri, with their parents: William S. and Ann Sanders.
| ||1. Amanda Curry, b. 3 Jan 1866, Monroe County, Missouri , d. 11 Apr 1871, Monroe County, Missouri |
| ||2. James A. Curry, b. Abt 1868, Monroe County, Missouri , d. 16 Oct 1874, Monroe County, Missouri |
- [S371] Missouri: Statewide Death Records, (accessed 19 Mar 2011). 1910-1960 database. Monroe County Cert #20825. James Robert Curry, b. 18 Oct 1839 Monroe County, d. 13 Jun 1918 Monroe County. Buried 14 Jun 1918 Oak Grove. Retired farmer, widow. Father: Jack Curry, born Ohio. Mother: Matilda Wills, born Ohio..
- [S316] 1850 US Census, Search = "John H. Currey." Film Number: 443615; Digital GS Number: 4200567; Image Number: 00143; Lines 12-18..
- [S317] 1860 US Census, Woodlawn, Monroe, Missouri; Roll: M653_635; Page: 79; Image: 83; Lines 30-34; Family History Library Film: 803635.
- [S371] Missouri: Statewide Death Records, (accessed 19 Mar 2011). 1910-1960 database. Monroe County Cert #20825. James Robert Curry, b. 18 Oct 1837 Monroe County, d. 13 Jun 1918 Monroe County. Buried 14 Jun 1918 Oak Grove. Retired farmer, widow. Father: Jack Curry, born Ohio. Mother: Matilda Wills, born Ohio..
- [S372] Missouri: Monroe County (MoGenWeb), http://monroe.mogenweb.org/oakgrovecem.htm (accessed 19 Mar 2011). Plina. d. 26 Apr 1893 "Age 46 wife of J.R.".
- [S369] Missouri: Marriage Records, 1805-2002 (Ancestry), Monroe County: Mr. James R. Curry and Miss Pauline C. Sanders, 8 Mar 1865..