1835 - 1906
||Elizabeth Curry |
||19 May 1835
||Goss, Monroe County, Missouri [1, 2, 3]
- Goss is in Jackson Township.
||Oak Grove Cemetery, Woodlawn, Monroe County, Missouri [2, 4]
||21 Jan 1906
||Woodlawn, Monroe County, Missouri [2, 4]
- BENJAMIN F. SANDERS & ELIZABETH CURRY SANDERS UNITED BY DEATH. Benjamin F. Sanders died at his home near Woodlawn, Friday, from paralysis. The deceased was born November 28, 1831, and was, therefore, past 75 years of age at the time of his death. In 1853 he married Elizabeth Curry, and to the union were born nine children, four of whom survive. Mrs. Sanders contracted pneumonia while nursing her husband and died about two weeks ago. Her death was concealed from her aged life partner, because it was seen that death would soon unite them, as they had been united in life. Sunday, the remains of Mr. Sanders were laid beside those of his wife at Oak Grove cemetery, Rev. W.A. Todd conducting the funeral services. Mr. Sanders united with Baptist church at Oak Grove years ago. Source: Page 1 of the Shelbina “Democrat” dated 7 Feb 1906. Transcribed and submitted by Judi Pohorsky. Elizabeth (Curry) Sanders died 21 Jan 1906 and Benjamin Sanders died 2 Feb 1906.
||18 Mar 2013 |
||John H. Curry, b. 22 Jul 1789, Kentucky? , d. 11 Jan 1869, Woodlawn, Monroe County, Missouri |
||Matilda Wills, b. 4 Oct 1796, Kentucky , d. 31 Mar 1875 |
||Benjamin F. Sanders, b. 28 Nov 1831, Monroe County, Missouri , d. 2 Feb 1906, Woodlawn, Monroe County, Missouri |
||16 Jan 1854
||Monroe County, Missouri [4, 5]
- It appears Benjamin's sister, Pauline, married Elizabeth Curry's brother, James Robert. Both Benjamin and Pauline (Purilena) appear on the 1850 US Census for District 59, Monroe County, Missouri, with their parents: William S. and Ann Sanders.
| ||1. John William Sanders, b. 1 Aug 1857, Woodlawn, Monroe County, Missouri , d. 22 Aug 1919, Woodlawn, Monroe County, Missouri |
- [S316] 1850 US Census, Search = "John H. Currey." Film Number: 443615; Digital GS Number: 4200567; Image Number: 00143; Lines 12-18..
- [S372] Missouri: Monroe County (MoGenWeb), http://monroe.mogenweb.org/oakgrovecem.htm (accessed 20 Mar 2011). Elizabeth: b. May 19 1835, d. Jan 21 1906; Benjamin: b. Nov 28 1831, d. Feb 2 1906.
- [S371] Missouri: Statewide Death Records, (accessed 20 Mar 2011). Monroe County: Johnston, John William. Shows mother Elizabeth born in Goss..
- [S372] Missouri: Monroe County (MoGenWeb), http://monroe.mogenweb.org/obits/b_sanders.txt (accessed 20 Mar 2011). .
- [S369] Missouri: Marriage Records, 1805-2002 (Ancestry), Search = "Elizabeth Curry" or "Benjamin Sauders".